Caprylic acid, the ingredient used to make caprylylcarbonate, is derived from coconut oil.
It has high spreading properties and leaves a dry, velvety feel to the skin and does not leave oily film on the skin.
The multifunctional dry emollient
- Supports the incorporation of powders
- Solubility for crystalline UV filters
- Has a good perfume and propellant solubility and good pH stability, thus suitable for AP/Deo application, especially for liquid systems
- Improved make-up remover efficacy in facial cleansing lotions
- Dispersing performance for pigments
- Suitable for alternative concepts to silicone
- Good skin compatibility with a dry, cushiony skin feel
Dicaprylyl carbonate is desirable for products such as facial moisturizers because it spreads easily and leaves a velvety feel on skin without seeming greasy or slick. It also helps enhance the absorption of other ingredients in a cosmetic formula.
Tip: Use this ingredient for a non-oily effect in moisture and night cream formula’s.
Use for Dicaprylyl carbonate include (but is not limited to):
- Mineral makeup
- Lipstick and Lip gloss
- Pressing medium for makeup
- Sun cream products
Usage rate: 1 – 30%