Dehyroacetic acid & Benzyl alcohol is suitable for use in various cosmetic applications such as shampoos, conditioners, moisturisers, cream lotions, bubble baths, wet wipes and sunscreens. The Organic preservative compound makes it suitable for use in products containing other Organic ingredients.
Sorbic acid is a natural organic compound, also used as a preservative in food. It is a great natural antimicrobial.
Overall this is a great preservative, is natural and even at reasonably low levels is effective enough to pass a Preservative Efficacy Test.
The positive aspects of Geogard include:
- Multi-functionality (effective in a wide variety of cosmetic products, including shampoos, lotions and skin creams)
- Broad spectrum (creates an overall hostile environment for varying types of microbes within a formulation)
- Globally accepted (beyond Europe and Japan, Geogard is also viewed as safe by the Cosmetic, Toiletry & Fragrance Association in North America as well as regulatory bodies in Latin and South America).
- Laboratory tests show that Geogard improves skin moisture content
- Listed as a GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) ingredient
- Broad compatibility with other widely used cosmetic ingredients
- Developed without reliance on animal testing
- Contains no GMO’s
All ingredients in the mix are approved by COSMOS, which means you can use it in your Soil Association certified products. It is also certified Palm Oil free.