Lotus absolute, derived from the Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn plant, is a highly aromatic extract treasured for its exquisite and captivating fragrance. Here’s some key information about lotus absolute:
- Fragrance: Lotus absolute possesses a delicate, floral aroma that is often described as serene, soothing, and slightly sweet. Its scent is reminiscent of fresh lotus blossoms floating on calm waters, evoking a sense of tranquility and purity.
- Extraction: The absolute is obtained through solvent extraction from the flowers of the lotus plant. The blossoms are carefully selected and soaked in a solvent, such as hexane or ethanol, to extract the aromatic compounds. After extraction, the solvent is evaporated, leaving behind a concentrated absolute with a rich and complex fragrance.
- Perfumery: Lotus absolute is highly valued in the world of perfumery for its unique floral scent. It is often used as a middle or base note in fragrances, adding depth, elegance, and a sense of serenity to perfume compositions. It blends well with other floral, citrus, and woody notes, enhancing their olfactory profiles.
- Symbolism: Lotus flowers have profound cultural and symbolic significance in various traditions. They are associated with purity, enlightenment, and spiritual awakening. Lotus absolute captures the essence of these symbolic meanings and is sometimes used in rituals and spiritual practices.
- Aromatherapy: Lotus absolute is used in aromatherapy for its calming and relaxing properties. Its soothing fragrance helps create a peaceful atmosphere, reducing stress and promoting a sense of well-being. It is often utilized in diffusers, massage oils, or personal care products for its aromatic benefits.
It’s important to note that lotus absolute is a concentrated extract. As with any essential oil or aromatic substance, it’s recommended to perform a patch test and follow appropriate dilution guidelines before using it topically.